Monday, February 23, 2009

Thing 5: flickr

Now that I'm at the State Library I'm trying to come up with ways we might use flickr. It would be fun to load photos of all Florida's libraries, from events the Library hosts, of stuff going on.

The Florida Memory Project has loaded quite a collection of historic photos for public viewing and comment on Flickr: The Commons. So now there's precedent for putting photos up.

I'm not using Flickr but I have loaded photos on the Kodak Photo Gallery and Snapfish. They make it easy to share sets with friends but aren't so public. And I occasionally put photos up on my Facebook page. I think part of that is that might have to do with I don't take a lot of photos.

I love the libraries that have done photos of book shelves and tagged them to their collection/catalog. That is very cool. And it's fun to search flickr after a conference and see what people have loaded.

No comments: