Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thing 2 - What is Web 2.0?

Time... I think this will be a concern of everyone. Most Things don't seem to be taking too long (an hour at the most). I anticipate some things turning into time suckers if I get really interested (the image stuff).

Why am I doing this? I want to catch up with the rest of the world. Jae keeps telling me about stuff and I want to know what she's talking about. And I want to be able to provide our members with ideas about how they can integrate some of these things to update their current services.

How does this affect my time at work and/or home? Home is easy. I've opted not to have internet access because I'm concerned I'll become addicted. Work - I find myself forgetting where I started sometimes because I'm so tangential. I think the deciding what's important is something I'll have to work harder on as I learn new things.

Where are you in your knowledge and use of Web 2.0 tools? I'm further along then I thought I was. I just don't actually use things every day. And I find that I need there to be a reason to use something. Technology for technologies sake doesn't do anything for me (and seems like a waste of time and effort.)

What are you looking forward to in 23 Things @ NEFLIN? Gaining a better understanding of how libraries are using some of the tools. Learning more about what our NEFLIN libraries are already doing and watching the growth in comfort among members.

I like the prompts to give me an idea what to write about. Gets me started and then I can ramble. I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about some things and not so much about others.

No comments: